This article will give you a fair idea about how much you should expect to shell out for a Scalp micropigmentation treatment from a trained and experienced Scalp micropigmentation professional in India.
Scalp micropigmentation for hair-loss / baldness
Scalp micropigmentation has picked up as a great choice for hair loss treatment in men and women, across India. The treatment involves deposition of a suitable shade of carbon based pigment in upper layers of skin, that replicates shaved hair. Scalp micropigmentation can be used, to give a Shaved head look for male pattern baldness and may as well be used for giving a density treatment for those facing an issue of scanty hairs. It gives instant and long lasting results in both the cases.
Let’s find out, on what factors does the cost / price of Scalp Micropigmentation treatment depend:
- Grade of baldness.
- Size of scalp/ actual area to be covered.
- Kind of treatment- Shaved head look/ density treatment.
- Presence of any difficult scar tissue etc.
Kind of Scalp micropigmentation options you may come across:
- Cheap options at hands of untrained and unsafe artists.
- Expensive options at hands of untrained and seemingly safe artists.
- Cheap options at hands of trained and safe professionals.
- Medium range/ Expensive options at hands of trained and safe professionals.
The first two options are a BIG NO. Cheap or expensive, you must not get a procedure done from someone who themselves have not invested in making it sure that the best of treatment is given to you. This is not the treatment that you would want someone to try their hands on your scalp like experimenting on a Guinea pig. Also it is very common happening that there are clinics who do not actually offer the scalp micropigmentation treatment but they do advertise because they want to either convert the client to the other treatments that they offer or simply to quote a super low or super high price, so that genuine professionals suffer. So beware of such practices and make sure that first two options are absolutely to be avoided and you choose from only the last two options; that click with you on quality and budget front.
Extraordinarily expensive doesn’t always mean an awesome result..
How do professionals price the treatment:
Talking of a full scalp (i.e. the frontal, the profiles, the top of scalp and the crown area) the treatments take around 3 to 4 sessions to complete and each session is around 4 hours long. Including the primary consultation and hair line design etc., a professional spends a dedicated chunk of approx. 14-18 hours on your treatment, to make sure that your results rock.
Other than the client factors mentioned earlier, the professionals usually price their treatment after considering various factors like:
- Worth of active time spent on procedure.
- Standard of products and instruments used.
- Factors like professional’s own investment in upgrading of knowledge in this field through continuous education.
- Experience of the professional in years and number of procedures performed.
- And yes fees also differs from city to city and as well as per the location of the clinic/ studio.
MORE THAN ANYTHING, EXPERIENCE AND GREAT RESULTS COUNT!
How to choose the right professional?
First thing first, do not make the pricing the most important criteria for choosing the right scalp micropigmentation artist. Though pricing is one of the most important factor on which people base their decision on, one must always remember that
any wrong decision is going to be very tough to correct. The main things on which the decision making should rely on are:
- Credibility of the service provider- That the service provider is trained and experienced and has his own works to share with you.
- That the previous clients have been happy from the treatment.
- That the work area is clean and hygienic.